Welcome To The St. Johns River Alliance
The St. Johns River Alliance (SJRA), a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, was formed in 2003. Governed by a regional, 34 member Board of Directors that includes elected officials, agencies, citizens and businesses, the SJRA's board members represent the entire 310 miles of Florida's river that uniquely flows north.
|Click Here to View Our NE FL Environmental Events Calendar!|
Explore the River by Land and Water
Get outside, get active and get to know the St. Johns River and its tributaries on foot, bike, horse or in a kayak or canoe. There are "blue" (water) and "green" (land) trails in every county.
•"The St. Johns River at (Jacksonville's) Museum of Science and History," Metro Jacksonville, December 8, 2012, ...history about the St. Johns River...its inhabitants...and how to keep it clean.
• "30-Year St. Johns restoration project fails to improve water quality -- farming, development may be to blame for lack of improvement and hazards still lurk, biologists say," Florida Today, November 13, 2012.
• Irrigation systems should be run just once a week now that we are back on Eastern Standard Time, read guidelines from St. Johns River Water Management District, Nov. 13, 2012.
•"Georgia-Pacific given draft permit to dump wastewater in St. Johns River," Jacksonville Business Journal, Oct. 5, 2012.
• Annual Report on St. Johns River Lower Basin is available as of August 15, 2012. Researchers from Jacksonville University, University of North Florida and Valdosta State University analyze data on the health of the river and its wildlife. This year has some good news and some continuing threats.
• DEP says springs funding has doubled but some scientists are skeptical, The Florida Current, Aug. 2, 2012.
• Conservation lands are a big bargain, Point of View by Maria D. Mark, Executive Director of the Timucuan Trail Parks Foundation, Jacksonville.com, July 3, 2012.Paddlers complete 320-mile trek up St. Johns - Jacksonville.com, June 13, 2012.
- Low flows of Sante Fe River, springs a concern - The Gainesville Sun, June 9, 2012.
- Assessment of District-owned land under way; public hearings scheduled - St. Johns River Water Management District, June 4, 2012.
- Hurricane Season Preparation Tips, Storm Contacts and Flood Information - St. Johns River Water Management District, May 30, 2012.
- Community First Funds 12-mile St. Johns River Swim Event - Jacksonville.com, May 15, 2012.
- Editorial: Do everything we can to conserve - Ocala.com, May 13, 2012.
- Enhanced water conservation needed during drought - Reminder from St. Johns River Water Management District, May 8, 2012.
- Gov. Rick Scott gets close look at St. Johns River - Commentary by Ron Littlepage, the Florida Times Union, May 8, 2012.
- SJRA's Press Release: "America's Great Waters Coalition Designate new Waterways to Advocate for Restoration Needs - April 18, 2012
- St. Johns River granted "Great Water" status - St. Augustine Record, April 20, 2012
- St. Johns River added to America's "Great Waters" list - Daytona Beach News-Journal, April 19, 2012.
- UF Study: Nature-based tourism often benefits local environment, economy - University of Florida News, April 9, 2012.
- Save the Springs - Ocala Star-Banner, April 1, 2012
- Read the National Academy of Science's peer review of the Water Management District's water withdrawal study. You can read the full report or an executive summary. Pay close attention to the constraints and conclusions.
Jax Mayor Brown's People + Parks Connection
June 29, 2012 - Jacksonville Mayor Brown announced the People + Parks Connection designed to get residents out and about in Jacksonville's parks; to hike new and improved park trails, launch kayaks from newly designated sites and swim safely in Jacksonville pools, rivers and beaches...
St John's Interactive River MapClick Here To View Map
St John's River Alliance
2029 North 3rd Street
Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250
(904) 247-1972 x 414